Breakfast, Bees, & Other Stuff

Well, I was going to post this last night, but as you will see, it did not work out.

On Thursday, I spent virtually all day and all evening on my formatting chores, but the good news is I finally prevailed. The second edition of my memoir is now available as an ebook and the paperback should be available later this weekend. If you haven’t read it yet, and are interested, you can find it here:

This Rich & Wondrous Earth

Yesterday (Friday) got off to a great start because I met my friend Darlene for breakfast, which turned into a three-hour conversation. After we finished eating, we sat in the rocking chairs in front of Cracker Barrel and kept talking.

Once I got home, however, I had plenty to do. After doing some things around the house, I set off to run errands, including going to Aldi since I was busy this morning. I don’t really recommend going on a Friday afternoon, but yesterday I had no choice!

Meanwhile, Jasper had discovered that his bees are being “robbed.” That’s when bees from a rival hive attack and steal honey from your hive. We have been very concerned about his bees for the last month. Some of them apparently swarmed, leaving behind a weakened hive. So yesterday he restricted the entrance to his hive to make it easier for his bees to defend it. We really want this hive to make it.

On Thursday, Jasper also helped his friend Sam set up a trap to capture a hive of bees so that Sam can replace the bees he lost. Hopefully the trap will be successful.

Shortly after I returned home from grocery shopping, it was time to take Lucy to work, so after I dropped her off I continued on and got my hair trimmed. It was starting to look pretty ragged, and I wanted to get it done before my trip.

In the evening I made my first batch of peanut butter fudge. I am making some to take to my parents, and some to take to my class reunion. I’ll make two more batches today.

Lucy was supposed to get off work at midnight last night, so I was there in the parking lot waiting at the appointed time. I waited and waited and waited. It was after 1:40 a.m. when she finally got off! And no, waiting in a parking lot for that long in the middle of the night is not my favorite. That is why there was no post last night.

Tomorrow morning I embark on my first solo road trip of this summer. If all goes well, I will see some cousins, a daughter and son-in-law, an uncle, two aunts, both of my parents, and a whole bunch of people I haven’t seen in 40 years. I will have my computer with me and should have at least sporadic internet access, so I expect you’ll be hearing from me.

Also today is Lina’s birthday:

Lina's first birthday

This is what she looked like on her first birthday.

Happy Birthday, Lina!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s