Twenty-three years ago, a very special young lady was born. Here are some things that make her unique:
- She is our only child who was born outside of Texas–in Zambia
- She was our smallest baby–only 9 pounds!
- She was the only one to have the cord wrapped around her neck when she was born.
- She was the youngest of four when she was born, but is now our middle child.
- Her name is a reference to God’s mercy, in that he gave us another child immediately after I suffered a very traumatic miscarriage. Her middle name is that of my great grandmother.
- She is the only one of our children who was born after a sibling of the same gender.
- She got her first passport as a baby and doesn’t have an American birth certificate.
- She is in the process of preparing to raise support so she can teach at a mission-run international school in St. Petersburg, Russia.
Happy Birthday to our Mercy!
At one year old
At graduation in May, with some of her university professors.